The latest on KI.org: Global illicit financial flows – and how to stop them.
- A look at the FCPA after 40 years.
- Michael Flynn and other advisers to Trump’s campaign were in contact with Russian officials and others with Kremlin ties in at least 18 calls and emails during the last 7 months of the 2016 presidential race.
- The FBI warned a Republican congressman in 2012 that Russian spies were trying to recruit him, an example of how aggressively Russian agents have tried to influence Washington politics.
- Kremlin-connected billionaire Oleg Deripaska sued the Associated Press for defamation and libel over a report on his business ties to President Trump’s former campaign chairman.
- Muscovites argue that money laundering and profiteering are the driving forces behind the government’s city-wide demolition scheme.
- VEB, a Russian state-run bank under scrutiny by U.S. investigators, financed a deal involving Trump’s onetime partner in a Toronto hotel tower at a key moment for the project.
- In sweeping sanctions, Ukraine will block several top Russian websites, including VKontakte and Odnoklassniki, social networks with broad popularity across the former Soviet Union.
- Rich Russians are flocking to Cyprus to become – not Russian. Foreigners can become citizens in less than 6 months in exchange for investing 2 million euros.
- The Kushner family taps into China’s $24 billion ‘golden visa’ market.
- A new bank in the BVIs wants Chinese money that no other banks will touch.
- Ahead of the presidential visit, Saudi prince’s ministry shells out $5.4 million to a Washington lobbyist.