- Despite revoking a decree decriminalizing low-level corruption, the Romanian government continues to face mass protests. (BBC)
- The EU is set to renew its Russia sanctions blacklist. (Bloomberg)
- Beijing vowed to punish severely anyone involved in illicit finance activities. (Yahoo)
- Stricter Hong Kong compliance laws may be inadvertently hurting local NGOs. (SCMP)
- The repeal of a rule requiring U.S. extractives companies to report payments to foreign governments could actually increase compliance costs. (Samuel Rubenfeld, WSJ)
- The next round of Iran sanctions could – and should – target Chinese banks. (Gordon Chang, Fortune)
- A guide to South Korea’s ongoing corruption scandal. (Bloomberg)
- KI’s recent “Democracy and Kleptocracy” debate is covered in Voice of America’s Cambodia edition.